Types of personal data collection
Personal information, or personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified.
When you visit, register or place an order via our website, then you may be asked to share personal data as listed below:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, password, order number, gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, shipping address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Financial Data includes financial and payment data (held in encrypted format, with the full data being held by secure third-party payment provider(s)).
- Transactional Data includes details about payments to and from you, and related details about product(s) purchased from us.
- Profile Data includes username and password and order(s) made by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes how you would prefer to receive marketing communication(s) from us.
The above data will only be collected when you willingly share it with us during newsletter signup, placing an order, or when communicating with us via email or social media for customer service(s) or other enquiries.
Your failure to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, we may not be able to fulfil the order you have placed with us). In this case, we may have to cancel an order for a product that you have made with us (and our standard cancellation terms will apply) but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Getting your personal information
Your personal information will be collected using different, relevant methods as listed below:
- Direct interactions – You may share your information like, full name, contact details and financial data when placing an order using our website, making an enquiring via email, entering a competition/promotion via our website and/or social media or giving us feedback via email and/or social media.
- Automated technologies or interactions – Using cookies, we may collect your technical footprint/data about your browsing behaviour and patterns.
- Third parties or publicly available sources – We may receive personal data about you from third parties as listed below:
- Technical data/footprint from analytics provided like Google and Bing.
- Contact, financial and transactional data from payment and delivery services like Sagepay, Stripe and DHL.
Using your personal information
We will only use your personal information legally. Most commonly, we will use your personal information to fulfil an order(s) placed by you, to collect money owed by you in relation to your order and share marketing/promotional communication, in accordance to your preference(s). You have the right to withdraw from marketing communication at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also have to use your personal information in the following scenarios:
- In an event of a return where a refund must be issued
- If there has been an unexpected issue with your order and/or delivery of your item(s)
- If you request us to track your order on your behalf
- If you are selected as the winner of a competition or any promotional effort
- When you share your feedback or register a complaint
We may use your personal information where we must comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Data security and disclosure
We take relevant security measures to protect your personal information from access by unauthorised persons, unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires or permits.
We may share your personal information with authorised third-party service providers who help us facilitate purchases. Please note that card payments are processed by our secure payment service provider who is contracted to meet the new General Data Protection Regulations – we do not store your card details.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Under certain situations, you have the legal right under data protection laws to do the following with your personal information:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request amendment to your personal information
- Request to be forgotten, hence your right to erase your personal information (subject to the law and legislation)
- Restrict your personal information being processed
- Request to withdraw your consent from any or all marketing/promotional communication
Changes to the policy
This Policy was last updated, and became effective, on 01/03/2019.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection supervisory authority in the UK (www.ico.org.uk).
Last Updated – 01.03.19.